Who doesn’t love Crostata alla Nutella? We bake it the Italian way and it is one of our favorite desserts. From children to adults, all the family will love crostata. Our pastry Chef Charity shared with us her authentic Italian recipe and we are happy to share it with you.
Are you ready?
Follow the steps below, trying not to eat too much crostata dough during the preparation (yes, it is hard) ☺
- Preheat your oven to 165 °C
- Roll out your dough 1cm thick and place the rolled dough into a tart mould
- Press the dough evenly in bottom and sides of the tart tin
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork (to release steam while baking)
- Chill the tart for about 5min in the freezer before spreading your jam (or nutella) filling
- Collect all the extra pastry dough trimmings and roll out again to 1cm thick
- Cut out strips for the top of your tart and use them to decorate your crostata
- Brush your finished dough with milk and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes until light golden/brown
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
- Slice, serve, enjoy!
- Share your Crostata pic on you Instagram and tag us @cafeitalianouae.